Wednesday 26 January 2011

Your Fave Browser

An Arresting Ambiguity

Today's "Technology" sidebar has a new number one, which caught my attention:
Parallel Programming with .NET
- Parallel Computing Virtual Labs on MSDN
Clicking through to Stephen Toub's introduction, I'm immediately whisked along by his infectious enthusiasm:
Interested in trying out the support for parallel computing in Visual Studio 2010 or .NET 4, but don’t have either installed? No problem. You can now use the MSDN Virtual Labs site to try these out from the comforts of your favorite browser.
All right! Actually I do have both installed, but no matter, this looks like fun. My favourite browser is currently Firefox, so I should be able to right-click, Open Link in New Tab, then launch one of the five parallel computing virtual labs on offer...


Okay, so I guess that answers that whole question about "how can they do that without ActiveX?" They can't. But the part I hadn't realised before, is that whenever a Microsoft guy says your favorite browser, he means IE6!

No comments:

Post a Comment